As per the order of Supreme Court of India and subsequent Notification from University Grants Commission (UGC), ragging constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students on:
- Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
- Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity.
- Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, hardship, Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension.
- Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
- Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health.
- Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc.
- Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to the human dignity.
- Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
- Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or even outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments
- Debarring from appearing in any sessional test / University Examination
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits
- Suspension from the college for a period of one month
Anti-Ragging Committee will be the Supervisory and Advisory Committee in preserving a Culture of Ragging Free Environment in the college Campus. The Anti-Ragging Squad- office bearers will work under the Supervision of Anti Ragging Committee and to engage in the works of checking places like Hostels, Buses, Canteens, Classrooms and other places of student congregation. Anti-Ragging Committee will be involved in designing strategies and action plan for curbing the Menace of Ragging in the college by adopting array of activities.
Anti-Ragging Squad will be working under the Monitoring of Anti Ragging Committee and will seek advice from the Anti-Ragging Committee. The functions of Anti-Ragging Squad will be to keep a vigil and stop the incidences of Ragging, if any, happening / reported in the places of Student aggregation including, Classrooms, Canteens, Buses, Grounds, Hostels etc. The Squad will also educate the students at large by adopting various means about the menace of Ragging and related Punishments there to. A gamut of positive reinforcement activities are adopted by Anti-Ragging Squad for orienting students and molding their personality for a better cause. They shall work in Consonance and Guidance of Anti Ragging Committee.
Ragging does not spare even its perpetrators. Those found guilty of ragging may be suspended, blacklisted and even permanently expelled from college.
Raggers could be given rigorous imprisonment up to three years or a fine up to Rs.25000/-, or both. The educational institutions may prescribe other punishments such as suspension from classes, from the hostel, etc.
Bahadur Shah ZafarMarg, New Delhi
Phone No.: 23232701 / 23236735 / 23239437
Anti Ragging Committee
Name of staff
Dr. Indrajit NivasraoYadav
Prof. Sagar Narayan Phule
Prof. Sachin Dadaso Pandhare
CS & Engg.
Prof. Ashok Dnyandeo Vidhate
E & Tc Engg.
Prof. Sarang Shantaram Hole
Prof. Sanaha Shabbekadir Pathan
Prof. Ramdas Hanumant Bochare
First year Engg.
Mr. Bhagwan Babanrao Nimbalkar
Ms. Sonali Bhimrao Shinde
Mr. Satish Ashok Bhongale
Mr. Suryakant Bhagwan Bhise
Mr. Ankush Sudam Pawar
Ms. Sukeshni Shivaji Palave
E & TC Engg