SMSMPITR itself in several sports & activities – all the indoor & outdoor activities i.e., Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Chess, Cricket, Football, Handball, Hockey, Judo, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Netball, Powerlifting, Swimming, Tennis, Table Tennis, Throwball, Volleyball, Softball, Yoga, Wrestling and Weight Lifting. The Institution is very supportive and encourages the students to involve in activities.
The Staff and management are very supportive towards all the students who take part in sports and cultural activities for the college teams. There are incentives provided to college team students for achieving in sports & cultural games/events.
The Students are very active, interested and dedicated and they make use all the facilities provided by the management through the Department of Physical Education and Sports Science. We have left no stones unturned in bringing laurels to the college.
Department of Physical Education & Sports Science serves as a vital and integral part of the student life in campus. The mission of the department is to provide a broad spectrum of sports, recreation and leisure activities for students, staff and faculty, as well as members of the local community. The primary direction is to provide services and programs that stimulate growth, development and retention of students in a contemporary and safe environment that develops fitness and wellness, social interaction and leadership opportunities
To engage in relentless pursuit of excellence in promotion and development of Physical Education, sporting and extra-curricular activities through an innovative approach in teaching, coaching, research and outreach activities and to evolve a holistic approach to the all-round betterment of human resources through a harmonious blend of body, mind and spirit.
- To create a conductive environment for learning, practicing and preaching physical education and sports science
- To design and introduce innovative, integrated, inter-disciplinary curriculum in physical education, sports, games and allied areas
- To recognize and encourage budding athlete/student with potential and further them by coaching/training
- To develop and provide modern amenities in par with the Global standards in the field of sporting
- To produce dedicated and passionate sports persons, who will always display high morale and sportsmanship at all the time
|Name of Staff
|Mr. Shankar Digambar Godase
|Mr. Amit Arun Jadhav
|Mr. Suraj Hanumant Salunkhe
|Miss. Pooja Vitthal Barawakar
|Miss. Supriya Suresh Bondare