The Institute is very much aware that the Library is the soul of any academic institution and the backbone of any civilized society. It is a central place for academic and research activities. Thus, the library at SMSMPITR acquires the prominent responsibility. Being a backbone of the institute, it acquires a large number of books having national and international standard. The library has reading room section of 100 student capacity. It has subscription of national and international journals and has compiled information from international journals.
The library facility is provided to the students and staff members for updating their knowledge and supporting the teaching, learning and research activities. It is provided through the central library and departmental libraries keeping in view the fast changes in technology.
The library contains Text Books, Reference Books, ISI code Books, Journals, Periodicals, E Journals, E books, Thesis reports and CDs. The library has also subscribed to institutional membership of IAHR, DELNET, BCL and ARAI. Total 60,120 volumes and 10,100 titles of books are available for various programs of engineering.
- All library users must sign in the library register.
- User should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other readers in the library. Use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- While entering the library, user should leave his/her personal belongings such as bags, personal books etc. at the counter reserved for this purpose.
- The Librarian may suspend library service of a student member for one month, if he/she misbehaves with the library staff.
- User of the library should not deface, mark, cut or damage the reading materials in any way. Persons doing so are liable to be fined heavily, apart from being asked to pay the cost of the damage.
Library Timing: For Reading Room
|1||Monday to Saturday||8.00 am to 12.00 pm|
|2||Sunday and Holidays||10.00 am to 8.00 pm.|
For Book issue-return, Digital Library, and Computer Centre:
|1||Monday to Saturday||10.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|2||Saturday||9.00 am to 4.00 pm|
Library has 2500 square meters of pleasant environment comprising Stacking Room, Computer Centre, Periodical Section, Language Lab, Audio Visual Room, Digital Library, Reference Section, Reading Halls, and Centre for professional excellence
|S.N.||Space Description||Area Sq. Meter||Room No.||Arrangement|
|1.||Ground Floor||106.78||B-003,B-004||Reference Section|
|2.||First Floor||70.56||A-108||Language Lab|
|70.56||A-103||Audio Visual Hall|
|70.56||A-202||CPC (Centre for Professional Excellence) Centre|
We have Edusat link installed & activated at our AV Hall for transmission of Educational programs of:
- AICTE(All India Council for Technical Education) for self-paced and international courses
- NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) for Engineering
- UGC (University Grants Commission) for non technical post-graduation education
- CEC(Consortium for Educational Communication) for under-graduate education
- NCERT(National Council of Educational Research and Training) for school education
- NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) for school education
- IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) for out-of-school students
- IIMB(Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore) for management studies
- NITTTR(National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research) for Teacher Training programme
These programs kept started in AV-Hall every day. Students and staff members utilize this facility to enhance their knowledge.
|Sr. No.||Name of staff||Designation|
|1||Mr.Shailendra Ramchandra Phule||Librarian|