Department Of Civil Engineering
To take on the challenge of creating and sustaining the built environment that underpins our rural society
- To conduct world class,use- inspired disciplinary and interdisciplinary research.
- To serve a diverse constituency through public service and outreach.
- To educate, inspire, and mentor future leaders that are prepared in a globally economic.
- To be preeminent in creating engineering for the environment.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
The Program Educational Objectives for Civil Engineering program are designed to produce competent civil engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of civil engineering and to fulfill the needs of the community. These objectives are as follows:
- Graduates will be prepared with strong engineering fundamentals leading to excellent performance in professional career in planning, designing, construction, operation & maintenance of the built environment and global infrastructure that meet the societal needs.
- Graduates will exhibit strong technical ability to create and synthesize data using relevant tools and concepts, for providing sustainable solutions to civil engineering problems and projects.
- Graduates will exhibit excellent interpersonal communication and resource management skills as leaders in the civil engineering profession while working as a part of multidisciplinary team.
- Graduates will be prepared with sound foundation in mathematics, science and in Civil Engineering to prepare them for higher studies and research.
- Graduates will possess a breadth of knowledge and engage them selves in the life- long learning to meet challenges of globalization.
- Graduates will have a sense of responsibility, respect towards society & its heritage and will follow the professional ethics.
Program Outcomes ( PO’s )
The program outcomes of Civil Engineering Program are summarized as following:
a) Students will demonstrate the basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
b) Students will demonstrate ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret & analyze data and report results.
c) Students will demonstrate an ability to design a system, component, or a process that meets desired specifications within realistic constraints.
d) Students will demonstrate an ability to function in multidisciplinary team.
e) Students will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve Civil engineering problems.
f) Students will demonstrate the understanding of their professional Responsibilities ethically.
g) Students will be able to communicate effectively to all concerned.
h) Students will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions in global and social context.
i) Students will recognize the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
j) Students will have broad education for understanding the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
k) Students will possess an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
a) Graduates will be able to survey, conduct geo-technical investigations, plan, analyse, design, estimate and construct residences, public buildings, industrial buildings, townships and infrastructural projects by adopting appropriate construction methods.
b) Graduates will analyse and design the water resources systems, municipal and industrial waste treatment plants with due consideration to pollution free environment.
c) Graduates will use appropriate application software, develop skills necessary for professional practice as a Civil Engineer and prepare themselves for competitive examinations for higher education & for public service commissions.