Department of Electronics & Telecommunication
To produce electronic engineers as growing needs for extending & enhancing rural society through the rapid deployment of new communication services.
- To develop, support legal & technical communications that maximize digital creativity, sharing & innovation in electronic industry.
- To mobilize people & resources to drive applied research for new telecommunication.
- To advance knowledge & the frontiers of electronic technology to meet the changing need of rural society.
- To transform electronic & telecommunication communities by inspiring stakeholders.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- To make students competent for professional career in Electronics, Telecommunication and allied fields.
- To build strong fundamental knowledge amongst student to pursue higher education and continue professional development in Electronics, Telecommunication and allied fields.
- To imbibe professional ethics, develop team spirit and effective communication skills to be successful leaders and managers with a holistic approach.
- To nurture students to be sensitive for ethical, societal & environmental issues while conducting their professional work.
Program Outcomes ( PO’s )
Engineering Graduate will be able to –
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of t h e engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Graduates will be able to attain a solid foundation in Electronics and Communication Engineering with an ability to function in multidisciplinary environment.
- Graduates will be able to use techniques and skills to design, analyze, synthesize, and simulate Electronics and Communication Engineering components and systems.
3. Graduate will be capable of developing programs in Assembly, High level and HDL languages using contemporary tools for software development.