General Rules & Regulations
The students must remember that, the hostel is the home of the students on the campus & they should behave themselves on the campus as well as outside in such manner so that dignity of the institution is maintained.
Code of conduct
Behavior and Discipline
- Residents are expected to display acceptable forms of behavior anywhere within the hostel compound and the Institute premises.
- Noise level, volume of music system, etc. must be kept low at all times. These rules are intended for the Resident to follow so as to achieve a conducive living environment for all the residents.
- Pranks, ragging and rowdy games in any form are strictly prohibited.
- Strict disciplinary action will be initiated if resident/s is/are caught committing a crime or theft of any kind & the case may be referred to the City Police for necessary action under IPC and resident/s may be evicted. Prior to eviction, Resident/s will have to settle all outstanding charges where deemed applicable including forfeiture of unutilized period of the rent paid.
- Vandalism is a very serious offence; Residents found guilty of committing such an offence may be evicted from the Hostel.
- Residents shall dress in appropriate attire at all times within the hostel vicinity especially in Dinning area. (Wearing shorts, Bermuda, Night-dress, Short/mini Skirts and One piece are not allowed in dining area and Girls’ Hostel Office)
- Residents are not allowed to keep weapons & threatening items in their possession in the hostel and institute premises.
- Possession and consumption of intoxicants and any kind of substance abuse is strictly prohibited in the hostel and institute premises or outside in any restaurant/bar in Akluj or on outside official visits such as training/tour/camp/field work etc. Any infringement of this order or visiting any place declared out of bounds to students will result in disciplinary action against the students concerned.
- Residents are solely responsible for their activities outside the institute premises and should follow the acceptable norms of socio-legal behavior.
- All the residents will remain present at the time of Roll Call.
- Hostel Prefects are appointed to form a bridge between Institute Authorities and the students. From time to time they are given certain tasks/duties for the benefit of the students and the Residents of hostel. Every resident should cooperate with the Prefects to discharge their duties.
Up-keeping of the Hostel
For the safety of all Residents
Late permission to attend Institute Events
- Residents are responsible for all their personal belongings and valuable items like cell/mobile phone, laptop, computer, watches and money etc and should ensure that door and windows of their rooms are properly secured at all times. The Institute is not responsible for any loss of personal items.
- Residents are not permitted to change rooms or sleep anywhere other than in their allotted room without the consent of the Hostel Authority in writing.
- Residents shall not hand over the keys of her room to anybody except the warden/ matron of the hostel concerned.
- Employment of a private servant is not allowed in the hostel.
- Offering of payment / Tips, rewards, token of appreciation or gifts in any kinds for any services rendered by any worker of hostel is not allowed.
- The usage of the hostel’s computer network and services is value added service to Residents.
- Any cyber crime, indiscriminate imaging with mobile camera or digital camera, MMS etc will be taken very seriously and action shall be taken against residents found guilty of such activities.
Updates and Announcements
Termination of Hostel Facility
Revision of Rules and Regulations