Department of Mechanical Engineering
To be the premier mechanical engineers provider of targeted specialized technology for rural society.
- To prepare young engineer to make professional & technical choices over their lifetime by instilling in them.
- To share knowledge through educational programs and the dissemination of our new discoveries.
- To drive a new era of industry development, growth & productivity.
- To inspire lifelong learning, advance knowledge & strengthen our society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- Graduate will excel in professional career in Mechanical and allied interdisciplinary areas.
- Graduate will exhibit strong fundamentals required to pursue higher education and continue professional development in Mechanical and other fields.
- Graduate will adhere to professional ethics; develop team spirit and effective communication skills to be successful leaders with a holistic approach.
- Graduate will be sensitive to ethical, societal and environmental issues while serving at their professional work.
Program Outcomes ( PO’s )
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Graduate will be able to design and develop mechanical equipment, devices and contrivances that would be able serve the society in a sustainable manner.
- Graduate will be able to handle the problems associated with manufacturing of goods using latest technology and tools while ensuring productivity, quality and economy.
- Graduate will be able to analyze complex problems related to IC engines, RAC equipment, Turbo Machines for improvement of performance.