The NSL has more than 2, 40,000 monographs and bound volumes of periodicals. The library’s catalogue of books and other reading material can be accessed through library intranet and Internet (OPAC). The library catalogue is searched by author, title, publisher, keyword and year of publication
The NSL has over 2,51,000 printed collection of S&T documents which includes monographs, bound volumes of journals, reports, theses/dissertations, standards, and patents etc. The NSL’s collection policy is to build resources with an emphasis on high end R&D reference sources, Indian S&T publications, foreign language dictionaries, library and information science, information & communication technology, computer science, conference proceedings, technical reports and other sources relevant to S&T community of the country.
Library Objectives :
- To receive and retain all scientific periodicals which may be of use to the country, and
- To be a national repository for reports of scientific work of nation both published and unpublished
- These goals and objectives are accomplished through following actions:
- Identify, acquire, organize, preserve, and provide access to pertinent recorded knowledge to Researchers, Scientists and all users engaged in research activities in the country.
- Offer formal and informal instruction to promote information literacy.
- Communicate library services to raise awareness and promote partnerships with other libraries, educational & R&D institutions etc.
- Create a forward thinking, dynamic organization that is responsive and flexible in order to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Continue to improve the library’s effectiveness through systematic, ongoing outcome assessment.