- A student is expected to have high standards of discipline and conduct within and outside the Institute. He/She shall show due courtesy and consideration to the employees of the Institute, good behavior to his/her fellow students, respect to the teachers and courtesy to the visitors.
- Breach of rules and regulations, lack of decorum or act of indiscipline or ungentlemanly conduct in the Institute premises, or willful damage to the property of the Institute or to the belongings of fellow-students or use of unfair means in tests/examination may entail the student’s dismissal from the Institute or debarment from the examination.
- For maintenance of discipline amongst the students of the Institute, a Standing Discipline Committee for students of the Institute, will examine the cases (s) of student (s) involved in breach of rules of conduct and can recommend a suitable disciplinary action or punishment. The Director-Principal in exceptional circumstances/cases may give a hearing to the students reported against and pass orders on the recommendations of the Standing Committee.
- In case of damage to any building, furniture, apparatus or any other property of the Institute, the damages may be charged from the student or students known to be directly concerned, but if the student(s) who cause the damage are unknown, the cost of damage may be charged equally from all the students of the Institute/class.
- Students shall be responsible for upkeep of books, apparatus, tools, instruments, materials etc. issued to them.
- No society or association or club shall be formed without the prior permission of the Director/Principal.
- No meeting shall be convened and no person shall be invited to address any meeting or society without the prior permission of the Director/Principal.
- Ragging, Smoking, Consumption of Drugs, Alcohol, is strictly prohibited in the institute campus.
- Discipline must be maintained during class hours and functions.
- Writing on walls, furniture, drawing tables, institute buses and bathrooms is strictly prohibited. Students must handle institute property with care
- During sickness period and unexpected event, day scholars have to write leave application to the Tutor -Guardian. The day when they come to class they must bring necessary proof.
- If anybody is absent, next day mornings they have to meet HOD’S and get permission to attend classes. Normal leave sanction will be done by respective Tutor –Guardian
- Day Scholar students who are resident of private hostels must show their ID card & Lunch Pass to the Security In charge in Lunch hours.
- Institute timings are from 8.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m. Students are not permitted to enter in to the campus after 9.00 a.m and are also not allowed to leave the institute before 5.00 pm. During the institute hours visitors are strictly not allowed to meet students.
- For medical leave, the Medical Certificate should be enclosed along with the leave application signed by the parent/Local Guardian. The parents, not guardians are requested to meet the Principal/Director immediately as and when they receive any communication from the institute regarding unauthorized absence/leave or other disciplinary issues. Failure to report may result in the removal of student’s name from the attendance register.
- The internal marks will be calculated strictly based on the percentage of marks scored by the students in the tests / examinations.
- The Discipline marks will be calculated strictly based on the percentage of attendance throughout the semester, student’s participation in extra curriculum activities like sports, cultural events, workshops etc. through proper channel/proof.
- Any student found indulging in malpractice in the test would be debarred for the rest of the tests / examinations. Any case of malpractice in the University Examinations will be reported to the University
- Students are expected to read notices/circulars displayed on the institute Notice Board. Ignorance of not reading any notice/circular thus displayed shall not be accepted as an excuse failing to comply with the directions contained in it.
- All vehicles should be parked in the allotted place. Vehicles found parked in unauthorized places shall be impounded.
- No notice of any kind shall be circulated among students or displayed on black boards or on notice board without the written permission of the principal. No information or report should be sent to press or any other agencies without the permission and approval of the principal.
- For Students participating in Sports / Cultural events during a semester the maximum number of days of absence shall not exceed 8 days. Any waiver in this context shall be on the approval of SDA Cell /Sports Officer/Dean Academics. The SDA Cell /Sports Officer/Dean Academics shall inform the concerned Head of Department in advance with a copy.
- Midterm and practical examination are conducted as per Academic Calendar of PHASU. Students will not be given any other chance for improvement if they fail to appear in Mid-Term Examination.
- During the examination sessions, all candidates must be present in the assigned room at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. The candidate should take a seat and place his or her student card where it is visible to the invigilator.
- Student must carry only writing material like pen, pencil; drafter, etc. Cell phones and other similar devices are strictly prohibited in examination rooms. The candidate is not allowed to borrow materials from other candidates during the examination. Programmable calculators are not allowed in examination.
- The students are required to move silently through the corridors without disturbing the nearby classes and Laboratories.
- Students should switch off the lights, fan, computers, and equipments while going out of the lecture room / lab.
- If anybody is found in infringement of security guard instructions, misbehaving with the faculty or staff of the institute is liable for the punishment
- No political, religious or other activities are permitted in campus of the Institute.
- Keeping the mobile phone switched on or disturbing the class, clicking pictures or making videos would lead to legal action
- No student is supposed to participate in any kind of strike or agitation etc. Anybody found guilty of doing so is liable to face strict action including expulsion from the institute
- Students are advised to keep in touch with their tutors guardians and faculty members and seek their guidance whenever needed).
- The following acts/activities on the part of the students shall be considered misconduct and stringent disciplinary action including expulsion in exceptional case (s) from the Institute may be taken besides imposing monetary fine:
- Ragging in any form inside/outside the Institute campus.
- Fighting/quarrelling in the Institute campus.
- Shouting/whistling in the campus.
- Disobedience or misbehavior with teacher (s) & supporting staff.
- Noise/shouting in the Library.
- Willful damage to Institute property.
- Mass bunk from the class (s).
- Violation of rules & regulation of the Institute.
- Sitting in the verandah, corridor or on steps.
- Use of mobile phones in the class room, corridors, labs. & workshops
- Any other unlawful activity not covered above
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
CHANGE OF HOME ADDRESS/TELEPHONE NUMBER
FALLING SHORT OF ATTENDANCE
PENALTIES FOR MAJOR DISCIPLINARY VIOLATION
PENALTIES FOR RAGGING
PARKING OF VEHICLE
INVOLVEMENT IN ANTI SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
CONDUCT IN THE PREMISES