- A student is expected to have high standards of discipline and conduct within and outside the Institute. He/She shall show due courtesy and consideration to the employees of the Institute, good behavior to his/her fellow students, respect to the teachers and courtesy to the visitors.
- Breach of rules and regulations, lack of decorum or act of indiscipline or ungentlemanly conduct in the Institute premises, or willful damage to the property of the Institute or to the belongings of fellow-students or use of unfair means in tests/examination may entail the student’s dismissal from the Institute or debarment from the examination.
- For maintenance of discipline amongst the students of the Institute, a Standing Discipline Committee for students of the Institute, will examine the cases (s) of student (s) involved in breach of rules of conduct and can recommend a suitable disciplinary action or punishment. The Director-Principal in exceptional circumstances/cases may give a hearing to the students reported against and pass orders on the recommendations of the Standing Committee.
- In case of damage to any building, furniture, apparatus or any other property of the Institute, the damages may be charged from the student or students known to be directly concerned, but if the student(s) who cause the damage are unknown, the cost of damage may be charged equally from all the students of the Institute/class.
- Students shall be responsible for upkeep of books, apparatus, tools, instruments, materials etc. issued to them.
- No society or association or club shall be formed without the prior permission of the Director/Principal.
- No meeting shall be convened and no person shall be invited to address any meeting or society without the prior permission of the Director/Principal.
- Ragging, Smoking, Consumption of Drugs, Alcohol, is strictly prohibited in the institute campus.
- Discipline must be maintained during class hours and functions.
- Writing on walls, furniture, drawing tables, institute buses and bathrooms is strictly prohibited. Students must handle institute property with care
- During sickness period and unexpected event, day scholars have to write leave application to the Tutor -Guardian. The day when they come to class they must bring necessary proof.
- If anybody is absent, next day mornings they have to meet HOD’S and get permission to attend classes. Normal leave sanction will be done by respective Tutor –Guardian
- Day Scholar students who are resident of private hostels must show their ID card & Lunch Pass to the Security In charge in Lunch hours.
- Institute timings are from 8.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m. Students are not permitted to enter in to the campus after 9.00 a.m and are also not allowed to leave the institute before 5.00 pm. During the institute hours visitors are strictly not allowed to meet students.
- For medical leave, the Medical Certificate should be enclosed along with the leave application signed by the parent/Local Guardian. The parents, not guardians are requested to meet the Principal/Director immediately as and when they receive any communication from the institute regarding unauthorized absence/leave or other disciplinary issues. Failure to report may result in the removal of student’s name from the attendance register.
- The internal marks will be calculated strictly based on the percentage of marks scored by the students in the tests / examinations.
- The Discipline marks will be calculated strictly based on the percentage of attendance throughout the semester, student’s participation in extra curriculum activities like sports, cultural events, workshops etc. through proper channel/proof.
- Any student found indulging in malpractice in the test would be debarred for the rest of the tests / examinations. Any case of malpractice in the University Examinations will be reported to the University
- Students are expected to read notices/circulars displayed on the institute Notice Board. Ignorance of not reading any notice/circular thus displayed shall not be accepted as an excuse failing to comply with the directions contained in it.
- All vehicles should be parked in the allotted place. Vehicles found parked in unauthorized places shall be impounded.
- No notice of any kind shall be circulated among students or displayed on black boards or on notice board without the written permission of the principal. No information or report should be sent to press or any other agencies without the permission and approval of the principal.
- For Students participating in Sports / Cultural events during a semester the maximum number of days of absence shall not exceed 8 days. Any waiver in this context shall be on the approval of SDA Cell /Sports Officer/Dean Academics. The SDA Cell /Sports Officer/Dean Academics shall inform the concerned Head of Department in advance with a copy.
- Midterm and practical examination are conducted as per Academic Calendar of PHASU. Students will not be given any other chance for improvement if they fail to appear in Mid-Term Examination.
- During the examination sessions, all candidates must be present in the assigned room at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. The candidate should take a seat and place his or her student card where it is visible to the invigilator.
- Student must carry only writing material like pen, pencil; drafter, etc. Cell phones and other similar devices are strictly prohibited in examination rooms. The candidate is not allowed to borrow materials from other candidates during the examination. Programmable calculators are not allowed in examination.
- The students are required to move silently through the corridors without disturbing the nearby classes and Laboratories.
- Students should switch off the lights, fan, computers, and equipments while going out of the lecture room / lab.
- If anybody is found in infringement of security guard instructions, misbehaving with the faculty or staff of the institute is liable for the punishment
- No political, religious or other activities are permitted in campus of the Institute.
- Keeping the mobile phone switched on or disturbing the class, clicking pictures or making videos would lead to legal action
- No student is supposed to participate in any kind of strike or agitation etc. Anybody found guilty of doing so is liable to face strict action including expulsion from the institute
- Students are advised to keep in touch with their tutors guardians and faculty members and seek their guidance whenever needed).
- The following acts/activities on the part of the students shall be considered misconduct and stringent disciplinary action including expulsion in exceptional case (s) from the Institute may be taken besides imposing monetary fine:
- Ragging in any form inside/outside the Institute campus.
- Fighting/quarrelling in the Institute campus.
- Shouting/whistling in the campus.
- Disobedience or misbehavior with teacher (s) & supporting staff.
- Noise/shouting in the Library.
- Willful damage to Institute property.
- Mass bunk from the class (s).
- Violation of rules & regulation of the Institute.
- Sitting in the verandah, corridor or on steps.
- Use of mobile phones in the class room, corridors, labs. & workshops
- Any other unlawful activity not covered above
- If the period of leave is for a short duration (less than a week), prior application for leave shall have to be submitted to the Head of the Department concerned, stating fully the reasons for the leave requested for, along with the supporting document(s). Such leave shall be granted by the Head of the Department.
- Absence for a period not exceeding one week in a semester due to sickness or any other unavoidable reasons for which prior application could not be made may be condoned by the Head of the Department provided he/she is satisfied with the explanation.
- If the period of absence is likely to exceed one week, a prior application for grant of leave will have to be submitted through the Head of the Department with supporting documents. In each case the decision to grant leave shall be taken by the Principal recommendation of the Head of the
- The Principal on receipt of an application may decide whether the student be asked to withdraw from the course for that particular semester because of his long absence.
- Institute will ensure that all students have access to library services and computing facilities which will enable students to use above facilities during their course of studies.
- The Institute has established language laboratory for improving communication skills. Students will have to take initiatives for utilizing the services provided by the language laboratory in a phased manner.
- The status of academics services will be monitored by Academic committee Student Welfare and feedback will be obtained for bringing improvements.
- Use academic services with responsibility and by following all rules and regulations for their use, with due consideration to the needs and rights of other students/users.
- Provide feedback for the betterment of academic services, when requested to do so.
At the time of admission in the Institute, the students shall submit details of their home address and telephone no’s. Subsequent to admission, if there is any change in their address/telephone nos. the same should be informed to the office to be incorporated in the record. For providing wrong address, disciplinary action will be taken.
It is mandatory for all the students to keep their Identity Cards with them in the Institute. The identity cards are issued by the Institute once at the time of admission & will remain valid for the full duration of the course. In case the Identity card is lost/damaged/mutilated by the student that can be renewed/duplicate Identity Card can be issued by depositing prescribed charges & completing other formalities in the office.
The students shall be required to deposit the tuition fee along with other charges as prescribed by the University/Institute well in time for which notice will be displayed on the Institute notice board (s) in advance from time to time. Penalty would be charged from those students who fail to deposit the fees within the prescribed period.
The students, who fall short of minimum mandatory of 75% attendance prescribed by the University/Institute, shall not be eligible to appear in the Mid-Term Examination and University Semester Examination. The students will contact their teachers to know the position of attendance in each subject at the end of each month.
The students shall observe all safety precautions. The Institute is not responsible for any accidents of whatever nature in the Institute, hostels, and workshops, Laboratories or Play- grounds and during any industry visit/training.
The students will have to wear prescribed dress in the Institute as well as in the laboratories/workshop except for Friday & Saturdays. Students without proper prescribed dress will not be allowed to enter the Institute
When violation is considered major by the Competent Authority, the following penalties may be imposed for the major disciplinary violations:
- Suspension / debarment from the institute/ hostel where the student will be declared ‘persona-non-grata’ and will be debarred from entering the premises, facilities and from attending the classes or;
- Permanent expulsion from the institute or;
- The defaulter may be debarred form taking an examination or examinations for one year or more than one year.
- Any other course of action which may be reasonable in the circumstances.
As per Supreme Court Judgment ragging is – any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act with the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
The punishment may also take the shape of:
- withholding scholarships or other benefits
- debarring from representation in events
- withhold results
- suspend or expel from hostel or institute
The student should help in maintaining the buildings and the campus of the institute clean and tidy and maintain overall ambience.
Students should park their vehicles only in the specified area.
Students should not participate in any political and antisocial activities. Strict disciplinary action shall be taken against such students.
The student should note that he/she is answerable to the authorities of the institute not only for his/her conduct in the premises of the institute but also for his/her overall behavior outside the campus. It is an extremely serious offence to endanger the safety of other members of the College by tampering with fire-fighting equipment or the alarm system.