The competition in the job sector is on the rise today and it has become difficult for freshers to secure a job of their preference. The main reason behind this is the lack of practical knowledge and the skills that are required by the industry. This increases the stress on the institutions to renew their curriculum that will be parallel to the current industry trends and requirements. The Internship Program helps in moulding the fresher’s in accordance to the industry requirements. The students are made corporate ready even before they acquire their degrees. An internship policy is an important strategy that ensures a talented and innovative workforce for the industry.
Internships help in shaping the students in a short time interval. Students are usually expected to work on an ongoing project of the company for a defined timeline. The internship programs are structured in such a way that it provides maximum exposure to the interns regarding the work environment of the industry. The internship must be useful for both the intern as well as the organizations. The activities involved in the internship must be clearly understood in order to obtain maximum benefits from it. Following are the objectives of the internship training:
- Expose the students to the changing industry trends.
- Students will get experience of the industrial environment, which is not possible in the classrooms.
- It will give the students a chance to enhance their managerial skills and real time experience of the professional environment.
- It will help in stimulating the knowledge of the students and applying it in their job.
- Give the students a chance to interact with their future employers.
- Understand the environment of the corporate.
- Gain hands-on experience of the technologies trending in the industry.
- Accelerate professional as well as personality development.
BENEFITS OF INTERNSHIP
1 Benefits to the Industry
- Students bring innovations to problem solving.
- Companies get a source of motivated professionals all round the year.
- Students become ready to contribute to the industry.
- No additional training of employees required at the time of joining.
2 Benefits to Students:
- Opportunity to meet new individuals and develop networking skills.
- Helps them in understanding the psychology of the industry and mould accordingly.
- Learn strategies such as time-management and multitasking.
3 Benefits to the Institute:
- Based on the student feedback, changes in the curriculum can be made.
- Increases the quality of placement.
- Help in building relations with various industries
- Internship of 4-6 weeks can be provided to students.
MONITORING/ VISIT BY TPO/ STAFF/ FACULTY MENTOR
The institute will monitor the students by paying a visit to the internship site. The feedback of the student will be taken from industry based on their attendance and activeness.
TRAINING & PLACEMENT CELL & ITS ROLE IN PROVIDING INTERNSHIP
Our institute has a dedicated Training and Placement Cell which is headed by the Training and Placement Officer(TPO). It is the responsibility of the Training and Placement Cell to bridge the gap between the technical knowledge of the potential employees and the current industry requirements. The Training and Placement Officer must guide the students in their career path and provide the necessary assistance to the students. The TPO must also introduce various industry personnel to the fresher’s so that they can get their doubts cleared regarding their future corporate life. The industry is always in a need of individuals who are open to learning new things, ready to adapt changes and most importantly possessing good communication skills. The Training and Placement Office must make sure that the students are exposed to a variety of internship options where they can develop their skills and become corporate ready. It is also the responsibility of the Training and Placement Office to arrange expert lectures and industrial visits for the students. They may also conduct seminars for Personality Development, Effective Communication, Resume Building and many other sessions which are necessary for grooming a fresher. The Training and Placement Cell must arrange the internship for students after every even semester.
Following are the steps in arranging internships for students:
- 1 The Training and Placement Cell must approach various industries along with the Student profile and their interest areas.
- 2 Based on the industry requirements the Training and Placement Officer may allocate the students to the industry.
- 3 The Training and Placement Office may take feedback from the industry regarding the performance of the interns.
Distribution of the internship completion certificates by the industry.
NITI Aayog, Government of India had initiated an Internship Scheme in 2015. Based on the experience in the past years a review was made. Now in supersession of all the previous guidelines in this regard, The NITI Aayog announces the revised Internship Scheme. This Scheme seeks to engage students pursuing Under Graduate/Graduate/Post Graduate Degrees or are Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India or abroad, as “Interns”. These “Interns” shall be given exposure to various Verticals/Divisions/Units within NITI Aayog and would be expected to supplement the process of analysis within NITI Aayog through empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information. For the “Interns” the exposure to the functioning of the Indian Government may be an add-on in furthering their future interests.
Applicants will have to apply ONLINE by filling up the registration form.